All classes in our Full Year Program run from mid-September to early June.
These classes will work towards a performance on stage in the Richcraft Theatre during our May Showcase. There will be no classes during the Thanksgiving weekend, Halloween, November 11th and 12th, the Christmas Break, Family Day, the March Break, the Easter weekend and Victoria Day.
Class schedule for Full Year Program
September 17-December 10, 2018
January 7-March 8, 2019
March 18-June 10, 2019
Students in our full year program will perform on stage in our 2019 Student Spring Showcase: Anything Goes!!
We also offer shorter workshop intensives which vary in length from one day to 12 weeks. These intensives may present in one of our black box studios at the end of the course.
*Some students may be best served in a class level either above or below their age: Please call Kathi Langston, OST’s Artistic Director, if you want advice on what class would best suit you or your child.
Terms & Conditions for the 2018-19 school year:
- OST reserves the right to make changes to the class schedule following registration if required to accommodate demand.
- Insufficient registration in any class may result in its cancellation, in which case we will do our best to find another class that will suit.
- While we will do our utmost to avoid changes, OST does not guarantee the teacher for any particular class. We encourage OST teachers to Team teach so that the students experience different teaching styles and theatre techniques.
- Class size is limited. Please have more than one choice of class. All classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Classes begin the week of Monday, September 17, 2018.
- OST is committed to providing the best possible learning environment for all its students. The success of the program lies in the enthusiasm and co-operation of each student. We will do our best to resolve any behavioral difficulties that may arise, and we count on your support as parent/guardian. However, if we are unable to resolve a disruptive situation, we will require that the disruptive student be withdrawn from the course without refund.
- A transfer between classes will be allowed, subject to availability.
- Refund policy: No refunds will be issued after the second class in any course, except for medical reasons. All refunds will be subject to a $25 administrative fee.
- Theatre is a TEAM sport. We expect the students and their parents to understand this and make every effort to attend all classes and rehearsals in the creation and development of their plays and performance pieces.
- OST provides an on-stage experience for all students in our full year program; this is costly. OST strives to keep tuition and other expenses affordable but we do have theatre rental expenses that need to be covered. To cover theatre rental we charge a small admission fee for student shows: $10/adults and $5 for children and all students. Please let us know if you have financial difficulties or challenges.
- Students in Teen or Specialized Classes may be required to miss one to three days of school during the production/performance period, depending on the nature of the production.
- Performance dates for each class will be made available as soon as possible in order to minimize conflicts with other activities and ensure availability of all participants. Theatre time is limited and there is very little flexibility to change the theatre schedule. Any potential conflicts must be reported to the teacher and/or Artistic Director as soon as possible. Although we try, OST cannot always change performance dates to accommodate conflicts.
- Please note that due to limited availability of the theatre, your child’s performance may be scheduled on Mother’s Day or the May holiday weekend.
OST is a not-for-profit, registered charity with a goal to operate efficiently within a balanced budget with tuitions as our main source of income. This policy outlines payment requirements and refund circumstances.
- Payment of tuition for all classes is due in accordance with the fee schedule set out below.
- Placement in class is not confirmed until first payment is received.
- Payment can be made in full by cash, cheque, debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- Instalment payments can be made by post-dated cheque and pre-authorized credit card only (Visa or Mastercard).
- No refunds will be issued after the second class in any program, class or workshop except for medical reasons.
- All refunds will be subject to a $25 administrative fee.
- No refunds will be made if a participant fails to attend a program, class or workshop.
Returned cheques are subject to an administration fee of $25 plus any bank fees charged to the school.
We will offer 10% discount on tuition for registration in 3 or more courses, classes or workshops (excluding All Ages Play).
Subsidies may be issued on an individual basis where space permits. Please contact the office for details.
Fee Payment Schedule